Hello, fellow #MustReadin2015 readers! It’s time for my second check in of the year for what I’ve been reading from my list. In a nutshell, not a whole lot of reading checked off on this list but progress is progress! You can see what else I’ve been reading and enjoying here.
Thanks to encouragement from Carrie, at There’s a Book for That, I created a list of books I really want to read during 2015. My list below does not include any 2015 published works, just 2014 or before. These of course won’t be the only books I read this year. There will be plenty of detours along the way and certainly lots of stopping to check out much praised books of 2015, but it’s a great place to start! To see what I’ve read so far this year, look for titles that have been
crossed out–blue means I finished those prior to our first check-in and red means I’ve read those since our last check-in. If I really enjoyed the book, I added an asterisk after the title. So far in 2015, I’ve read some gems!
We’d love to have you join us! Happy reading! Follow along on Twitter with the hashtag #mustreadin2015 .
My Must Read Books in 2015
Books read to date: 9/25
Books for Adults
The Orchardistby Amanda Coplin – finished in August: I liked this, but it won’t be for everyone. It felt very Steinbeck-like for me with a plot driven by flawed characters, set in Washington State. The Boys in the Boatby Daniel James Brown ** – finished in January
Middle Grade Titles
Absolutely Almostby Lisa Graff** – finished in January
- A Crooked Kind of Perfect by Linda Urban — currently listening to this on audio
Death by Toilet Paperby Donna Gephart** – finished in February Dory Fantasmagroyby Abby Hanlon** – finished in February
- The Evolution of Calpurnia Tate by Jacqueline Kelly
- Glory Be by Augusta Scattergood — currently listening to this title
- Gone-Away Lake by Elizabeth Enright
- Guys Read: Other Worlds edited by Jon Scieszka
Mathildaby Roald Dahl** – finished in February The Meaning of Maggieby Megan Jean Sovern** – finished in March Because of Mr. Teruptby Rob Buyea** – finished in March on audio
- Nest by Esther Ehrlich
- One Crazy Summer by Rita Williams-Garcia
- Rain Reign by Ann M. Martin
- Secret Hum of Daisy by Tracy Holczer
- Titanic: Voices from the Disaster by Deborah Hopkinson
- Under the Egg by Laura Mars Fitzgerald
- West of the Moon by Margi Preus
- Amulet: The Stonekeeper by Kazu Kibuishi
Young Adult Titles
Aristotle and Danteby Benjamin Alire Saenz – finished in July: I loved this touching, often heart-breaking coming of age story.
- If I Stay by Gayle Forman
- Rose Under Fire by Elizabeth Wein
- The Summer of Letting Go by Gae Polisner